Watch the Real Family Talk episode here
Servings: 9 | Preparation Time: 15 mins | Cooking Time: 15mins | Inactive Time: 15 minutes |Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1/ 2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Line an 8-inch pan with parchment paper or grease well.
- Process the oats in a food processor or blender until very fine, then stir all the ingredients together until smooth. (If you use dry almond butter, you may need to add 2 tbsp milk of choice for a thinner batter.)
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and smooth out with a spatula or another sheet of parchment. It will look thin, but the batter will rise in the oven. If desired, press some chocolate chips into the top.
- Baked 15 minutes on the center rack, they should look underdone when you take them out.
- Let them sit at least 1/2 hour if you want them extra gooey, or overnight for the perfect firm-yet-soft brownies. The flavor is sweeter and richer the next day if you can wait to try them!